Pick up a rental bike & explore the Mt. Laguna Recreation trails from our convenient trail-side location. Among the funnest and most thrilling activities available in our San Diego Backcountry is mountain biking. There are numerous mountain bike trails to choose from that are very close to our glamping sites. Big Laguna Trail and Noble Canyon are 2 of the most popular and can be done as one long track.
We offer MTB rentals from our site in Laguna Campground for both beginners and advanced riders. We offer half day and full day rentals that include an initial briefing on trail routes, trail etiquette, general safety and equipment usage. You'll then be free to ride out on your own and we're nearby in case of any emergencies.
Your mountain biking rental includes a helmet and we can also provide a mounted Go Pro cam for an additional charge. Water dispenser is also provided on site to re-fill your water bottle.
This is a perfect option for anyone wanting to try mountain biking for the first time. It will give you a chance to try out the latest gear and learn about the sport in a safe environment.
SDMBA, in collaboration with US Forest service have been supporting the growth of mountain bike trail development in the Laguna Mountain Recreation Area.
MTB RENTAL PRICES
Northrock Hard Tail Bike
- Count on a sleep look and enhanced performance from the Northrock XC27 hardtail mountain bike. Made with 6061 light and responsive all-aluminum alloy press formed frame and strong alloy double wall rims. Featuring Shimano ALTUS 21-speed drivetrain and Tektro mechanical disc brakes.
2022 Giant Reign SX
- Gravity-focused 29er features a lightweight, stiff and super-strong ALUXX SL frameset with Maestro rear suspension. The rear suspension gives you 146mm of smooth, active rear travel with a new trunnion mount shock and Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm.
2022 Giant Reign
- Lightweight, strong and dependable ALUXX SL aluminum frameset, 29-inch wheels means shorter chainstays, a longer toptube, and headtube/seattube. Maestro suspension and active rear travel with a trunnion mount shock and Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm.
2022 Giant Trance
- Super-versatile trail machine built on a lightweight, stiff and super-strong ALUXX SL frameset that blends Maestro suspension technology with progressive, trail-oriented geometry. Trunnion mount shock and an Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker arm. This combination produces 115mm of smooth, active rear-wheel travel. Up front, it features a 130mm travel suspension fork.
2022 Trek Fuel
- An alloy frame, 140mm FOX Rhythm 34 fork, and 130mm of rear travel with an extra-efficient RE:aktiv damper. A Shimano XT 1×12 drivetrain with an extra-low 51-tooth climbing gear, powerful 4-piston brakes, Bontrager wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement plus a Bontrager Line dropper post..
Specialized SX Trail
- \The 180mm-travel SX Trail features a Fox 36 Van R coil-sprung fork, custom Avid Elixir 7 hydraulic disc brakes and Specialized Butcher SX tires. The SX Trail is versatile downhill machine.