We sincerely hope you will book your glamping experience with and we strive to create the most comfortable and sage outdoor experience possible. Upon booking with Alter Experiences LLC, you're entering into an agreement for an outdoor hospitality experience at one of our nature retreats.
Our glamping retreats are being offered at various affiliate destinations in some of the most pristine and remote destinations on this planet. Some of these destinations include; San Diego Backcountry, Baja California - Mexico, Catalina Island and the Red Sea.
We currently manage several sites in Cleveland National Forest (Laguna Mountain), Julian & near Lake Cuyamaca & the Cuyamaca Ranch State Park. The San Diego Backcountry is our headquarters and Our primary sites are within the Cleveland National Forest, within the general vicinity of Cuyamaca - Julian - Laguna Mountain area. We offer various accommodation styles depending on location. Our Tentsile tree tents are definitely the most popular - a lightweight treehouse that uses 3 anchor points to create a "living space" suspended between trees. Your glamping site comes complete with sleeping bag, standard amenities, lounge area, & outdoor kitchen.
For our coastal retreats we offer plush canvas tents with all the amenities you can expect at a hotel.
Each one of our sites has been handpicked with various factors taken into consideration, the first obviously being the proper tree configuration for our tree tents. It can get tricky with bigger groups when we need a greater density of trees available to set up site. Some sites are only available seasonally & we also try to rotate as much as possible to minimize the stress on our trees. This also gives an opportunity for return guest to always experience a new site. Facilities & amenities are standard across our multiple sites, but the locations will vary depending on the season & availability. Many factors come into play for us to deliver this one of a kind outdoor experience.
Our tree tents and stout canvas tents are currently available at the Laguna Campground & Burnt Rancheria Campground in the Cleveland National Forest. We can usually accommodate a group of up to 8 people. Please be aware that we're an independent entity from the Cleveland National Forest and operate under permission of the U.S Forestry Service - Department of Agriculture. As an outfitter, we help provide planning, logistical support & equipment rental throughout your stay with us.
It's your responsibility to know & abide by State & Federal Park rules during your stay with us. We'll give you a briefing upon arrival & you'll be required to sign a liability release at that time.
These items are included as part of your stay with Alter Experiences LLC:
- We prepare the site prior to your arrival and make it a comfortable setting for your group.
- Parking for up to 2 vehicles. Additional vehicles are $10 per vehicle per night.
- Tree Tent comes with a sleeping pad, sleeping bag, liner and pillow per person.
- Bell tent features therapeutic mattress, plush interior and propane heater
- A 5-gallon drinking water dispenser & First Aid kit is provided. We'll re-fill your drinking water it for longer stays/bigger groups.
- Fire pit or alternatively propane fire pit, lounge area & camping chairs chairs are provided
- Soap / shampoo and towel per person provided
- You'll be provided with an outdoor kitchen including; table, cooker, pots/pans, kettle, kitchen utensils & everything else you'll need to cook & feed for your group. All you need to bring is your food.
What you need to bring:
- Bring a cooler with plenty of ice for your food
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Charcoal if you plan on barbecuing
- Cash for wood ($6 per bundle) and quarters for shower ($2 for 5 minutes)
- Extra layer of clothes and blanket help for the cold winter nights
- Refillable water bottle
What else you should know
1. We have no control over the weather and if conditions are not suitable for your trip, we'll let you know with at least 24 hours of anticipation. Rain and snow storms do occur throughout the year especially in the winter months. Santa Ana winds may also create dangerous situations. Southern California generally has beautiful weather year round, but thins are different in the mountains. You'll probably want to bring some heavy blanket in the winter months from November to February to use on top of your sleeping bag. Temperatures can drop down to the 30's and the weather is on average 10-15 degrees colder than the city due to the altitude. Beanie, gloves, and scarf are a good idea to bring. Bring your thermals and heavy socks. You'll be going through a lot more firewood in the winter - up to 5 bundles per night. You can buy bundled wood at the site for $6-8.00 per bundle. They only accept cash so have enough on you. Some of our sites don't allow open fires and you'll be provided with a propane fire pit as an alternative. Check the weather forecast before coming.
2. Make sure to have a full tank of gas. The only gas station in the area is in Julian about 20 minutes away from either campground.
3. As an outdoor experience, we are sharing space with nature. As such, an insect may get inside your tent. Our tents are kept very clean, but this is part of the great outdoors.
4. Is is your responsibility to follow all state/federal laws while visiting the state park and/or national forest.
5. Food is not allowed in your tent. Food is only allowed in designated areas and must be stored safely overnight. This is very important to keep animals out of your tent. Animals can smell food long after it has been cleaned up and we do not want you to have any unwanted visitors.
Activities available at Alter Experiences LLC destinations include hiking, swimming, climbing and many other activities that provide opportunities for fun, improved physical fitness, rigorous healthful exercise, exciting group competition, improved dexterity and balance, wholesome recreation, and other benefits ("Activities"), but many of the Activities are INHERENTLY DANGEROUS. The Activities and the required exertion levels can range from moderate to very vigorous depending upon your desires. The Activities are suitable for those with experience and skill, as well as for those without no experience who use sufficient caution. Alter Experiences LLC regards your safety and the safety of others as a top priority and we take care to reduce the traditional risks associated with the Activities and the use of our facilities, including but not limited to cabins, camp sites, trails, stairs, bridges, lodges, event locations, the trading post, bathrooms, and showers. However, regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries, some risks are inherent in the Activities and cannot be totally eliminated. These inherent risks include but are not limited to trips, falls, collisions with other participants and inanimate objects, and even slipping in the bathrooms or showers. Inherent risks also include unexpected equipment failures, unknown facility hazards, careless behavior by you or other participants, errors in judgment by Alter Experiences LLC employees, and injuries caused by negligence on the part of Alter Experiences LLC or its employees, you or other participants.
Alter Experiences LLC WANTS YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT INJURIES MAY OCCUR. Possible injuries include everything from minor muscle soreness, bruises, sprains, abrasions, and lacerations, to more serious injuries such as sprained ankles, broken bones, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, back sprains, neck sprains, and chipped or broken teeth, as well as catastrophic injuries such as permanent disabilities, spinal injuries, paralysis, and even death.
ASSUMPTION OF INHERENT RISKS. You acknowledge the inherent risks of the Activities at Alter Experiences LLC and that many of those activities involve dangers regardless of the care taken by Alter Experiences LLC. You acknowledge that the Activities require some degree of skill, coordination, and physical fitness. You have read the previous paragraph and understand the nature of the Activities, understand the demands of the Activities relative to my physical condition and skill level, and appreciate the types of injuries that can occur as a result of such activities.
You hereby assert that, and if applicable, your child's or ward's participation in the Activities is voluntary and that you knowingly assume all inherent risks of the Activities on behalf of yourself and, if applicable, your child or ward.
LIABILITY WAIVER. In consideration of permission to use the Alter Experiences LLC facilities today and on all future dates, on behalf of yourself, child or ward, spouse, heirs, personal representatives, estate, parents and assigns ("Releasing Parties") do hereby waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Alter Experiences LLC and their respective owners, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, equipment suppliers, independent contractors, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns ("Protected Parties") and hold them harmless from liability for any and all claims arising from participation in the Activities and use of the Alter Experiences LLC facilities by Releasing Parties, including any injury resulting from the ordinary negligence of Protected Parties.
INDEMNIFICATION. Releasing Parties further agree to hold harmless defend and indemnify Protected Parties (that is, defend Protected Parties and pay any judgment and costs, including investigation costs, attorneys' fees, expert fees, and related expenses) from any and all claims of the Releasing Parties and/or third parties, including other Alter Experiences LLC participants, rescuers, and persons on neighboring properties, arising from Releasing Parties' conduct, participation in the Activities, and their use of the Alter Experiences LLC facilities, including any injury or loss due to the ordinary negligence of Protected Parties.
GENERAL. Releasing Parties confirm that these rules, liability waiver, and indemnification provisions supersede any and all previous oral or written promises or agreements regarding the subject matter hereof and understand that this is the entire agreement between Releasing Parties and Protected Parties as to the subject matter hereof and cannot be modified or changed in any way except in a writing signed by Alter Experiences LLC. Releasing Parties expressly agree that the foregoing rules, liability waiver, and indemnification provisions are intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of California and that if a portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. If legal action is brought, the appropriate trial court in San Diego County shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction, and only the substantive laws of the State of California shall apply.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND AGREEMENTS. I, on behalf of myself and, if applicable, my child or ward (each a "Participant"), acknowledge and/or agree as follows:
1. Participant possesses sufficient physical fitness and coordination to enable safe participation in the Activities.
2. Participant assumes the risk of all medical conditions of Participant (e.g. asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis, epilepsy, heart disease, or high blood pressure).
3. Alter Experiences LLC encourages each Participant to get medical clearance prior to participation.
4. Participant will cease activity if there is discomfort such as faintness, shortness of breath, high anxiety, or chest pains.
5. Participant authorizes Alter Experiences LLC to administer emergency first aid, CPR, use an AED, and secure emergency medical care or transportation (i.e. EMS) if deemed necessary by Alter Experiences
6. Participant assumes all costs of emergency medical care and transportation.
7. Participant agrees to abide by all safety-related rules while participating in Activities and to attempt only Activities Participant feels capable of performing safely.
8. Participant agrees to inform Alter Experiences LLC immediately if Participant sees conduct or a condition that endangers others.
9. Participant understands the importance of safety rules and equipment and agrees to comply with Alter Experiences LLC rules and use appropriate safety equipment when engaging in Activities.
10. Participant acknowledges that Alter Experiences LLC has the authority to terminate participation if it is deemed a danger to Participant or others.
You acknowledge that you've read this Liability Waiver and Indemnification and fully understand is terms. If applicable, you assert that you understand the risks of the Activities, and the conditions of their participation, to your child.You acknowledge that you're giving up substantial rights, including your rights, the rights of your child or ward, if applicable, and the rights of other Releasing Parties to sue for damages in the event of death, injury, or loss. You further acknowledge, on behalf of yourself and, if applicable, your child or ward, are signing this Liability Waiver and Indemnification freely and voluntarily and intend my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability, including that due to the inherent risks of the Activities or ordinary negligence by the Protected Parties, to the greatest extent allowed by the law of the State of California.
Booking Deposit, Refunds & Cancellation Fees
- You can book directly with us on-line or through our affiliates Airbnb, Hipcamp or Glampinghub. Bookings must be secured by a non-refundable deposit. You can book & pay on-line or you can pay over the phone by credit card, or bank transfer. Numbers for large parties must be confirmed within 7 days of making a provisional booking. Once a deposit is paid, If numbers decrease the original number booked for and quoted for will remain the balance due.
- Balance of the payment due can be paid by cash or credit card before departure. (For larger groups of 6+ remainder must be made 1 weeks prior to arrival)
- Arrival to your tent is after 3pm
- Departure and check out must be by 11am
- Notification of cancellation must be given at least 5 days in advance of arrival date. Cancellations are not accepted on the day before or date of arrival. In this case, we ask that the booking is paid for in full.
- When using the accommodation, it is assumed that all the guests are familiar with the rules and that they agree with the terms and conditions.
- Guests who intentionally or accidentally damage the property or equipment, will have to reimburse the the full amount of the occurred damage. A credit card will be asked for on the day of arrival (for large groups).
- The guests are obliged to take care of their personal valuables left in the accommodation. Neither Alter Experience LLCs, the State or Federal Parks will be responsible in the case of any disappearance of personal items.
- No smoking is permitted within the vicinity of the tents. Please be very mindful of the surroundings and of others if you are a smoker. Proper disposal of cigarette ends is essential. A fire risk should be considered at all times when using any items that produce heat or naked flame.
- Noise awareness – Please be mindful of those that may be staying in the other tents. Noise levels especially late at night must be kept to a minimum. Anyone causing a disturbance to other guest will be asked to leave without a refund.
- Eco Dry Composting toilets are in place in certain sites; they must be used as it states. They are checked morning, night and throughout the day, but we ask that if you need help to please ask.
- Only environmentally friendly products should be used including soaps, shampoos, shower gels…
- Alter Expereiences LLC reserves the right to cancel a booking on short notice in the event of extreme weather or in the unlikely event that we cannot provide safe accommodation in one of the tents.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision of children during your trip The site is natural with uneven ground when wondering from the paths. We have made every attempt to make all areas as safe as possible and child friendly.
- Any use of canoes, bicycles or other facilities/equipment is at the users own risk and we accept no liability. Please take necessary safety measures at all times.
- It is not allowed to bring any weapon, inflammable or explosive substance on to the accommodation or the State/Federal Parks.
The owners are available nearby to the guests during their stay for any information and assistance they may need. In the case of any complaint about the quality of the accommodation we advise guests to contact the owners directly.
Pets are allowed in certain sites but must be leashed at all times. Please tell us if you decide to bring a pet. Guests are responsible for any damage caused by their pets and have to clean the excrements left. PETS are NOT ALLOWED in accommodation pods.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Alter Experiences LLC make no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Alter Experiences LLC does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true or accurate
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. [If you require advice in relation to any [legal, financial or medical] matter you should consult an appropriate professional.]
Limitations of Liability
Alter Experiences LLC will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;]
- or any indirect, special or consequential loss; or for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Alter Experiences LLC has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Alter Experiences LLC liability in respect of any:
Death or personal injury caused by Alter Experiences LLC negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Alter Experiences LLC; or matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Alter Experiences LLC to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
[You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Alter Experiences LLC has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Alter Experiences LLC officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.]
[Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph,] you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Alter Experiences LLC officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Alter Experiences LLC.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
In all publications, Alter Experiences LLC endeavours to comply with applicable copyright laws. If, in spite of this, an infringement of copyright should occur, Alter Experiences LLC will (after notification) remove the relevant object from its publication or indicate the appropriate copyright. All brand names and trademarks mentioned within the Internet offering that are possibly protected by third parties are without limitation subject to the provisions of the law on trademarks and related signs and the property rights of the registered owners. The mere fact that they have been mentioned should not be taken to mean that trademarks are not protected by third-party rights.
Alter Experiences LLC holds sole copyright to Alter Experiences LLC own content at the domain alterexperiences.com Reproduction of graphics or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without Alter Experiences LLC express consent.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, make a booking, subscribe to our newsletter, or respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When booking or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to personalize your experience - to improve our website - to improve customer service - to process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature - to send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.